Monday, June 01, 2009

MAD MONSTER PARTY wood carved ANIMAGIC


Arthur Rankin, Jr. gave me these wood carved salad untensils some years back as a Holiday gift! I took them out for the new DVD material and Paul Baker photographed them. The figures of FANG and DRAC were cerved by the ANIMAGIC figure makers and given to Mr. Rankin as a gift during the making of MAD MONSTER PARTY in 1967. He found them in his Bermuda home and thought I would appreciate them. These are very cool and slightly smaller than the ANIMAGIC figures that were used in the feature film.
I can't wait to see all of the materials that are going to be used for the LIONSGATE Disc. I am glad they are trying to get the people that actually worked on the film. I am tired of seeing animation documentaries with people that I really don't even know who they are or why they are in the doc. What is really upsetting is knowing that some of the animators are still around and could have been interviewed, but were not. There are also many voice actors that could add something to the releases.

No comments: