Tuesday, January 18, 2022

My dear friend Bill Jackson passed away yesterday, the last of the Chicago Kid's TV Greats! I just spoke with him recently. Some years back, we talked about doing a scrapbook type book of his career, but he decided against it, as he felt it would not sell. He was a very modest guy. He sent me tons of behind-the-scenes photographs over the years and I kept them all in a ring binder. I wrote a chapter about him in the TV PARTY book, many years ago and he liked that. He was a great lover of Rankin/Bass Productions and my books and even contributed to our 20th Annicversary Edition of The Enchanted World of Rankin/Bass. His favorite character was the Bumble, but he had a special place in his heart for The Little Drummer Boy. The Little Drummer Boy was part of one of his very first Television broadcasts. This legend and great guy will be missed dearly. #Billjackson #Restinpeace #Dirtydragon

No comments: