Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Tad Mochinaga

Orders have started to pick up...lots of publicity swirling now! I got my second book order from Japan for the dear Tad Mochinaga family! Tad was the head Animagic animator for Rankin/Bass on the early productions, including Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, The New Adventures of Pinocchio, Willy McBean and his magic machine, The Daydreamer, etc. I talk about some of the Animagic figures he saved in his collection in my new book celebrating Frosty the Snowman's 50th! You can read about some in our book The Making of Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town and The Daydreamer too! I talk about items in Collector's Call that came directly from Tad and his staff from Mad Monster Party in my collection! I can tell this is going to be a very busy year for me and The Enchanted World of Rankin/Bass! #tadmochinaga #animagic #japan #rankinbass #history

No comments: