Thursday, April 11, 2019

Mego on ME TV's COLLECTOR'S CALL




Last year Whelchel became a collectible herself with the resurrection of the legendary 1970’s toy company Mego, famed for its licensed action figures, which have since become very collectible. One of the first toys the company distributed was a Blair “action figure.”

“I didn't know about Mego till we covered a collector on the show who collected ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s memorabilia from TV shows,” she shared. “We filmed it before the Blair doll came out.” When Blair appeared on store shelves, “I was like, 'Oh my goodness, I know this company and I am in the same company as superheroes!’ That's kind of cool, and while it doesn't look like me at all, it doesn't matter. It has the uniform, name and hair, so for me it wasn't about that. It was just the thrill and privilege of having a character figure and that feels great!”

Collector's Call #metv #mego #rickgoldschmidtcollection enchantedworldofrankinbass.blogspot.com #lisawhelchel #blairwarner #thefactsoflife

No comments: