Sunday, November 09, 2014

United States Post Office Rankin/Bass Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer 50th Anniversary Postage Stamps


Laurie McClellan and I wrote the first day issue historical text for the program and press release.  I was the first person to answer the question correctly on the USPS FACEBOOK page about the form of stop-motion Rankin/Bass used 'Animagic.'   I was the one that made that clear in the first place.   So many people call it 'Claymation' or just plain 'stop-motion,' which is incorrect.  I am so glad I got to show Arthur Rankin, Jr. the stamps and text before he passed.  He was proud.  He actually wanted them to use different images from our archives, for the actual stamps (I see one of them in part has been getting used on the tags for the merchandise).






I have been doing tons of media interviews already:  TV GUIDE, BAY AREA NEWSPAPERS, IHEART RADIO, WESTWOOD ONE, etc.  If you would like to set up an interview, email me at Rickgoldsc@aol.com 

No comments: