Sunday, November 13, 2022

I am getting all sorts of bad reports on the 4K blu rays and dvd set...

     Many fans are complaining to me of Mastering errors and of course, historical errors with the new 4k blu rays and dvd releases.  I don't own them.  After Universal's failed Blu Ray releases of The Little Drummer Boy (16 mm print with black fades right in the middle of scenes) and their Here Comes Peter Cottontail (They issued the syndicated, time compressed version and it is missing 8 minutes of the special), I gave up.  I was willing to help with these and the Producer they hired, wanted me (we had several long discussions about how to do these right), but politics and budget took over.  I guess I could say, "I told you so!"  I would rather see them done right, so until that time, they do not have the Rankin/Bass Productions seal of approval.  I really wish they did!  I have the original 1964 color ending of Rankin/Bass' Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, with the elf throwing the packages out of the sleigh, with the credits on them.  That would be a wonderful extra for fans!  In fact, I have lots of great things that could be extras for all of the Rankin/Bass titles.  I had a friendship with every key player at Rankin/Bass Productions, and could have shared this in commentary, as I did on The Daydreamer blu ray.  The best documentaries to date are the ones we did for The year without a Santa Claus blu ray and for the Mad Monster Party blu ray and dvd.  I will do more for Kino Lorber/Scorpion.

 

No comments: