Friday, April 02, 2021

Paladin meets Rankin/Bass Productions


Paladin meets Rankin/Bass Productions! I was just going through a giant stack of Rankin/Bass' The Last Dinosaur material (enough for an entire giant book). Arthur Rankin developed a great friendship with Richard Boone and he appeared in three Rankin/Bass Productions, including his very last film appearance in Rankin/Bass' The Bushido Blade. After watching Have Gun, Will Travel, I can see what Arthur recognized in Boone's talent. I appeared at a show with Joan Van Arc a few years back and I tried to give her some of this material (Some very cool slides and photos from the filming) and her agent had no interest. I thought her fans might be interested in an autograph photo from the film, as she had none. C. 2012 Miser Bros Press/Rick Goldschmidt Archives #Thelastdinosaur #rankinbassproductions #Richardboone

No comments: