Sunday, February 10, 2013

BOOMERANG


    Many, many, many years ago, BOOMERANG showed the wonderful HANNA-BARBERA classic cartoons and other classic cartoons, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!   Starting out with a concept like this was a wonderful idea and I  thought it could only get better over time.   I thought maybe they would add things like the rarer stuff:  HANNA-BARBERA'S ABBOTT & COSTELLO SHOW, HANNA-BARBERA'S LAUREL & HARDY SHOW, etc.

     In fact, the description of the channel to this day says "they only show classic cartoons."   Now I am of the opinion that their current program director is doing hard drugs or drinking.   I love classic cartoons and this channel shows the farthest thing from it!   They do show a few of the classics between 2 and 5 am.  I have to say something about this, since I am a TV historian and biographer.

     Have you seen "Almost Naked Animals" ?   Which I believe they showed for two hours today.  This literally looks like a cartoon nightmare.  My friend Tom calls me up and talks about how a dog could draw better cartoons and he is right.   CARTOON NETWORK is 1000x worse.  How did this happen?  Who is the programming director and why do they have a job?  This is what they want to show kids?

    It is ironic that people complained about the limited animation of the late 1950's and early 1960's.  That stuff was designed by super talented people that were skilled artists.   There is no need for that talent in today's animation.  Cartoons are made for an extremely dumbed down America.

No comments: