Saturday, November 10, 2012

IT'S A SPONGEBOB CHRISTMAS!

 You can pick up IT'S A SPONGEBOB CHRISTMAS! at WALMART now!  I haven't watched SPONGEBOB in years....since my kids were small BUT I have to say, this STOP-MOTION treatment is very refreshing and well done by my friends MARK and SEAMUS at www.screen-novelties.com  I see VINCENT WALLER (I met him years ago at a SPUMCO event in Chicago) was involved too!   A VERY cool TV special and the story moves along at a nice pace too!   Something you can watch over and over again and I am sure children will too!   I was disappointed to not hear the name RANKIN/BASS in the MAKING OF doc....I am sure NICKELODEON had a lot to do with that, as I am sure SEAMUS AND MARK talked about their influence.  There is a big nod to RANKIN/BASS' SANTA CLAUS IS COMIN' TO TOWN.   Glad to see STOP-MOTION used in such a wonderful way!

No comments: