Thursday, April 23, 2009

Amazing find for my NEW book project....

My friend Gary also found this! It will be featured in my new book project that I am working on with Taylor White/PERCEPTO! RANKIN/BASS (Videocraft International), in 1959, before they were even a company yet, were going to work with TRANS-LUX on their Animated TV series. in 1960, ARTHUR RANKIN formed his company with JULES BASS and LARRY ROEMER. Their first idea was illustrated by Tony Peters. It was going to be a cel animated series of WILLY McBEAN & HIS MAGIC MACHINE. Tony told me he worked on this when he was in the army. Arthur Rankin, Jr. ultimately wrote a film script for this project and decided to do it as an ANIMAGIC feature film in 1965. I Love these simple, UPA style TONY PETERS designs! I also LOVE the feature film, which I have on DVD re-mastered for $20 PAYPAL Rickgoldsc@aol.com Looks like PABLO was originally going to be a Parrot, instead of a Monkey.
c. RANKIN/BASS PRODUCTIONS 2009

No comments: