Sunday, March 22, 2009

My pal DAVID SHELDON

www.dksheldon.com My pal DAVID SHELDON gave me this piece he did of THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW for NICK-AT-NITE years ago, when it was still a decent station. Does anyone watch this station anymore? I have THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW on right now on ME TV in Chicago. They are actually doing the TWIZZLE right now. ME TV is the NICK-AT-NITE of the early 1990's now. What happened to TV LAND? I never watch it. Anyway, check out David's website. He did the art for all of my CD covers and is known for his LOG commercials on REN & STIMPY, OLD NAVY cartoon commercials. READER'S DIGEST illustrations, etc. etc. GREAT artist and friend! Back to Dick Van Dyke, I think I may have done the last or one of the last interviews with BUDDY SORREL (MOREY AMSTERDAM). He was in RUDOLPH'S SHINY NEW YEAR for RANKIN/BASS and shortly after I called him, he passed away within a week. I also got an autographed picture in the mail from him, I think it was on the day he died. He was always my favorite in the DICK VAN DYKE cast. He developed a character that created comedy in episodes that may not have been that funny if he wasn't in them.

No comments: