Thursday, November 06, 2008

Mark Christiansen's SID SIRLOIN and His Friends book!

My friend MARK CHRISTIANSEN sent his amazing book SID SIRLOIN & HIS FRIENDS and I received it today! BEAUTIFUL art!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book and it is very affordable at www.markscartoonart.blogspot.com and well worth the $! Mark, along with my pal PATRICK OWSLEY and friend MIKE FONTANELLI worked on many things at WARNER BROTHERS CONSUMER PRODUCTS including HANNA-BARBERA style guides.....making the world a better place visually! These are definitely the guys that should be designing, among other things, the DVD box set covers for the classic HANNA-BARBERA series and WARNER BROTHERS LOONEY TUNES sets! They have all the talent in the world to do the packages justice! Not sure who runs things at WARNER BROTHERS CONSUMER PRODUCTS anymore BUT I suspect it to be young people with a blind eye to quality art. I am not even sure if they have seen the cartoons that are in the DVD sets. Wait until you get this SID SIRLOIN book...it is done in that classic HANNA-BARBERA style and is candy for the eyes!

No comments: