Thursday, October 18, 2007

RANKIN/BASS RUDOLPH DVD edition 2000


Many RANKIN/BASS fans ask me which edition of the RUDOLPH DVD should I buy? Here is the cover of the one you want to get and it is from the year 2000. You would think they would add more content to subsequent releases BUT they have actually taken content off in the latest releases of the classic RANKIN/BASS TV Special! For this release, which properly had the RANKIN/BASS name on the front cover, I assisted with the extra content, restoral and the cover image is directly from me. ARTHUR RANKIN, JR. appears with a lengthy introduction and I supplied all of the pictures used in the introduction of people that actually worked on the special. I am starting to hear a buzz that CLASSIC MEDIA wants to do a RANKIN/BASS Documentary for a Christmas 2008 box set and restore the name RANKIN/BASS to the covers. This is a no brainer in my opinion. People want extra content that relates to the classic TV special...not a bad CGI video from the latest pop fad singing group. If you are going to do this thing...do it right or don't do it at all!

No comments: