Saturday, December 30, 2006

The BEST RANKIN/BASS DVD released in 2006!


I usually have nothing nice to say about CLASSIC MEDIA/SONY WONDER DVD releases for the obvious reasons...missing the RANKIN/BASS name on the front cover, no RANKIN/BASS extras, etc. I really like this DVD release for many reasons. The cover design is very nice and I like the white case used. The art is almost as nice as the art my friend PATRICK OWSLEY did for the DVD releases on TENNESSEE TUXEDO & HIS FRIENDS and GO GO GOPHERS! It looks like they did use info from my first book (uncredited) on the back cover BUT at least it is correct and mentions ARTHUR RANKIN and JULES BASS. The art on the disc is well designed too. This is the very first RANKIN/BASS TV Special which appeared on NBC's GENERAL ELECTRIC COLOR FANTASY HOUR in February, 1964. Another thing I like about the DVD is the price! You can find it for $9.99 or less. Always check www.amazon.com for RANKIN/BASS DVDs. If you don't have it yet, pick it up!

No comments: