Tuesday, April 26, 2022

I am told there was some really bad info given out about these Animagic figures on Antiques Roadshow, in regards to value. I am not surprised at all. several people also told me they relied heavily on my book with no credit, not surprised there either. They really goofed on the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer puppets. Then they interviewed me several times about them and chose to relay none of the accurate info. Giving a false impression of what they were. Sadly, this is all so typical today. Act like your an expert and supply a false narrative. It gets more hits on social media and more views.

As I stated above, PBS' Antiques Roadshow chooses a narrative over factual information.   This is a problem when focusing on historical objects.   Pulling a willy nilly value out of a hat is not right.   I remember the very first time they aired Santa Claus and Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, they said the pair were worth $5000-6000.   They updated it several times since then and of course, that was way under the market price.   What is disturbing, is that they still haven't disclosed all of the information I gave them over several interviews.   I have been the Rankin/Bass Historian for over thirty years now, but they don't want to relay the truth.   They want social media hits and views.   Unfortunately, this is the world we live in now.   I know what The Daydreamer Animagic figures have sold for.   Screen-Novelties owns The Little Mermaid and The Sea Witch.  The film is not very well known, even with all of my work on the book, blu ray, DVD, and CD Soundtrack releases.   The more popular TV Specials and films would command a high price and the lesser known, command a low price.   This isn't how Antiques Roadshow appraises things.  In fact, they did the opposite on both Rudolph and The Daydreamer set.   I owned figures from The First (White) Christmas, so I know what they sold for.  Yet, AR buys my book (This is the only one they bought from me) and wings it.   

No comments: