Sunday, May 02, 2021

With the passing of Les McKeown of the Bay City Rollers, it jarred some memories. In 1975, Howard Cosell introduced them in prime time (similar to Sullivan and the Beatles) with their "Saturday night". I remember riding my bike a mile or two, and buying a single of theirs at the Treasury (Rock and Roll love letter). Then I remember reading on the back of The Beatles Live at the Hollywood bowl, George Martin making light fun of them. My Dad and I decided to go to a White Sox game one night at Comiskey (Where the Beatles appeared), and I had heard The Bay City Rollers were appearing. We arrived at the game late due to traffic, but as we walked around the park, the Rollers Limo was pulling out right in front of us. This is a photo from that night that I just found. Les McKeown R.I.P. #thebaycityrollers

No comments: