Wednesday, June 12, 2019

I have been logging lots of hours with the Romeo Muller estate this month....

Here I am with Romeo's brother Gene in New York in 2003!   As you may know from my books and my blog, Romeo Muller, Jr. and Paul Coker, Jr. were the Stan Lee and Jack Kirby of the Rankin/Bass Universe!  Romeo not only created all of the characters in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, but went on to write and create characters for Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town, The Little Drummer Boy and more!  He was also a member of the Writer's Guild.   Paul Coker Designed all of the characters (which Kirby did for Marvel/Disney and was recently heavily compensated for), except for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer which was designed by my late friend Tony Peters!   The Rankin/Bass Universe would not be the same without Muller/Coker!  Happy to help!

No comments: