Wednesday, February 01, 2017

February Fun!

February is starting out great! We have been cooking up a Shagadelic Monster project for weeks and it is moving further down the road (I will give details when I can). I see the Academy Awards are coming up on the 26th, and while I do not watch them anymore, it made me reflect. The Afterword in my second book, The Making of the Rankin/Bass Holiday classic: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (MISER BROS PRESS), was

 www.miserbros.com






written by my dear friend and Academy Award winning Director Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo, Wall-E, etc.). Andrew and I were connected by John Lasseter during the making of Toy Story. He gave me a quote for the back cover of my first book, because he was as big a fan of Rankin/Bass as I am. It turned out many of the crew were huge fans and the late, great Joe Ranft (Nightmare Before Christmas, Cars, Toy Story 2, etc.) and I became great friends as well. Joe gave me commentary that I used through out my 2nd book. I have all the ART OF books signed and drawn in by the crew and hadn't looked through them for a long while. By request, Andrew made me the LIFE MAGAZINE cover from TOY STORY 2 and I really treasure that. I was very proud of Andrew when he won the Oscars and they were well deserved! My Rudolph book is part of our sale and in-stock too! #Pixar #disney #Academyawards #oscars #hollywood

No comments: