Wednesday, February 03, 2010

RANKIN/BASS' THE FIRST EASTER RABBIT

I really don't like talking about WARNER BROS home video releases....not sure who is minding the store there anymore??? This fairly unknown RANKIN/BASS special is coming out on DVD February 16th and they are calling this a DELUXE release. How can it be DELUXE with no extras? The special is 25 minutes long and should have been included as an EXTRA on the so-called DELUXE THE EASTER BUNNY IS COMIN' TO TOWN DVD years ago. If they were planning on releasing this on it's own special DELUXE DVD, it should have included a nice RANKIN/BASS documentary with ARTHUR RANKIN, PAUL COKER, etc. I never even heard from WB about this one! I did for THE EASTER BUNNY IS COMIN' TO TOWN and when I asked for a fee, I never heard from them again and they put that disc out with three unrelated Easter shorts. Well, at least they got the cover right and included the RANKIN/BASS logo (which was taken from my book and drawn by Patrick Owsley).
posted by Thomas Frederick

No comments: