Sunday, May 07, 2017

I will be a guest at WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO August 24-27!


 It has been almost 10 years since my last appearance at WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO!  I literally met thousands of Rankin/Bass fans there over the years!  I have appeared at the San Diego Comicon a few times and Wizard World a few times and both have become so huge, I stayed away for a while.   Since this is the 20th Anniversary of my first book and the 50th Anniversary of Mad Monster Party and 40th for Rankin/Bass' The Hobbit, Wizard World asked me to appear all four days and make a presentation discussing my nearly thirty years of work as the Rankin/Bass Historian/Biographer.   Information on the time of the presentation will follow.   I have also been asked to draw for the children on Kid's day Sunday.  We will have a huge display of merchandise there and I will bring some rare things as well!  I will be drawing and signing in all four of my books there as well!





We had so much fun at the 2006 Wizard World!   We had the original Animagic figures of Santa Claus and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer there and many news agencies reported about it.   There were lines to take pictures with them and I signed so many books, I had writer's cramp for two weeks!


 Noel Neill (Lois Lane) and I became great friends before she passed away last year on July 4th.  She was a huge Rudolph fan and collected the toys, which we gave her many.   She loved the Bumble!   We met up with her again at the Ohio Con and the Associated Press came out to interview us, and did a story that was syndicated throughout the world.



The TIME & SPACE TOYS booth was well stocked!  We will be doing another show with our dear friend Kevin Kriess in Pittsburgh next month, to celebrate Mad Monster Party's 50th (Details to follow) and then we will have a huge event in West Hollywood and possibly Palm Springs, CA starting October 21st (Details to follow).   Below, another television interview we did at Wizard World in 2006.

http://wizardworld.com/guests/rick-goldschmidt

No comments: