Wednesday, February 27, 2013

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.


I started watching THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. from the beginning, in order and tonight I decided to research and find the episode that features two of the IDEAL ROBOT COMMANDOS bombing Illya, BUT no one had the title of the episode listed on the internet (referring to the IDEAL toys).  Ironically, it came up in the very next episode, as I was watching in order and it is in THE DOUBLE AFFAIR (first season 1964).  Illya says, "someone is sending their Christmas presents early."    Ironically, I talked to June Foray tonight.  June was the original voice that would say "Our man from U.N.C.L.E. will return after these messages."  Several years ago, June recorded some voice messages for me saying the same for me :)  I love the SOLO pilot too (shot in color)!

In the first season, the U.N.C.L.E. communicator was not the pen that is in the later episodes BUT a handheld walkie talkie type that is pictured on the comic book cover above.

No comments: