Saturday, October 24, 2009

Strange...

I saw the film WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE today on an IMAX screen and I think the word strange sums it up best for me. I loved the book as a kid and read a four star review of the film in the CHICAGO TRIBUNE, so I went into it with an open mind. The review compared it to the quality of PIXAR'S UP.....I definitely would not compare it to UP. I guess I didn't get it. It had a soundtrack that sounded like it was out of the film JUNO, the WILD THINGS seemed to be the personalities of some kind of HIPPIES and I never really cared about MAX or any of the WILD THINGS characters. There was definitely an attempt to make this a more artsy type of family film instead of the awful things that normally show up in the theaters for kids....and I admired that, BUT I didn't see the point to the story and it was kind of a downer.

No comments: