Sunday, October 18, 2009

THE CHRISTMAS TV COMPANION: A GUIDE TO CULT CLASSICS, STRANGE SPECIALS, & OUTRAGEOUS ODDITIES by Joanna Wilson

I received a review copy of THE CHRISTMAS TV COMPANION this weekend and find it very interesting! It is due out November 10, 2009. The Author, Joanna Wilson cites my first book as inspiration to go out and watch all the RANKIN/BASS Holiday specials and from there she couldn't stop and researched many, many Christmas specials, films and oddities. I too, am a fan of Christmas episodes of TV series and films that feature Christmas in some way, etc.

I am especially interested in seeing Eric Burdon and THE ANIMALS with RANKIN/BASS veteran Cyril Ritchard (THE DAYDREAMER, THE FIRST CHRISTMAS,THE HOBBIT, etc.) in THE DANGEROUS CHRISTMAS OF RED RIDING HOOD (1965). I read about this in the MR. MAGOO'S CHRISTMAS CAROL book recently. Jules Styne and Bob Merrill scored the music for the special. It also stars Liza Minnelli as Red Riding Hood and Vic Damone as the woodsman.


I haven't had a chance to read the book cover to cover yet, but what I have read is very interesting and it will assist you in exploring some unusual Holiday films and specials this season.

No comments: