Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This is an old picture of THE ARTISTS (STARVING ARTISTS) in front of George Mitchell's ARTIST SNACK SHOP. The shot is from a video shot by Dennis Bleck and edited by Joe Rabig and was a few blocks North of my school COLUMBIA COLLEGE CHICAGO (600 S. Michigan Avenue). Ironically, I talked to the owners of the restaurant yesterday with my work and they are still open but "times are tougher now," says Irene. "Business is good when they have events at the Auditorium theatre" (Which is where I had my graduation ceremony). I remember walking to school when ROOSEVELT UNIVERSITY was turned into a hotel, there were vintage cars on Michigan avenue and Sean Connery, Robert DiNero and Kevin Costner were shooting a scene for THE UNTOUCHABLES in the lobby of ROOSEVELT.

No comments: