Sunday, March 22, 2009

ROGER McGUINN in Elgin, IL Jingling and jangling

I took a long ride out to Elgin, IL tonight to see Rock N' Roll Hall of famer and friend ROGER McGUINN in concert at the HEMMENS CULTURAL CENTER. Roger and THE BYRDS have had a huge influence on my playing and music over the years and this is why I own a McGuinn 12 string Rickenbacker guitar. You can really hear his influence on my song "James Byron Dean" on RICK GOLDSCHMIDT SINGS. Roger played a great show and used a variety of guitars and musical styles.
TURN, TURN, TURN
This was a picture Roger wanted to use on his website, because I am wearing his ROGER McGUINN LIMITED EDITION polo shirt. I call the shot GAS GIANTS 2, because ROBIN and PHILLIP were in a band with another guy called the GAS GIANTS shortly after the GIN BLOSSOMS disbanded.

No flash photography at the show, so I wasn't able to get any good pictures BUT the back stories that Roger told were very interesting about his days with THE LIMELIGHTERS, CHAD MITCHELL TRIO and BOBBY DARIN...before THE BYRDS.
David Crosby reads a Jack Kirby AVENGERS marvel comic book

No comments: