Saturday, March 07, 2009

JOE 'ELVIS' DIAMOND

This was alot of fun! We played at the WORLD MUSIC THEATRE in Tinley Park, IL around 1995. THE STARVING ARTISTS actually opened up a D.A.R.E. FEST that was organized by the TINLEY PARK POLICE DEPARTMENT. JOE 'ELVIS' DIAMOND did not have a back up band and we took the assignment. I knew the Elvis songs well and this was hilarious. That is my sister Lindsey at the left side of the stage with the tambourine. It is hard to believe she was that small then! I remember playing SUSPICOUS MINDS too slow for Joe and he stopped us during the song... It looked like it was part of the act BUT it wasn't. Funny stuff! My pals Alex Ross and Mitch O' Connell were there in the front row enjoying this one! I actually made the sign at the front of the stage by hand with some of Mitch's art.

No comments: