Saturday, March 07, 2009

ART CLASS

I found this clipping today and boy does it bring back some good memories. Shortly after I received my degree in the arts in Illustration from COLUMBIA COLLEGE CHICAGO, I began teaching Art at ST. RENE SCHOOL and ST. BRUNO SCHOOL. I taught Kindergarten through Eigth grade for several years and it was very rewarding. I have great admiration for teachers...it took alot out of me. This clipping was about an art contest that I actually was able to get some of the students work published in a NOW COMIC BOOK. My pal Patrick Owsley worked for NOW COMICS at the time and I had a meeting with the publisher. I understand that Principal Val Bellucci, seen in the picture with me, has since passed away. He was very kind in bringing me into the school and treated me well. One of my friends, Dennis Bleck, actually shot a documentary about me teaching at the schools. Dennis attended COLUMBIA COLLEGE as well and used the documentary for his final project.

No comments: