Sunday, August 30, 2026
Rudolph publicity vs screen used Animagic figures
This is the book that goes into the story behind the publicity Rudolph Animagic figures vs. the screen used Animagic figures. I included a photograph I located of the NBC Rudolph display case (photos weren't allowed on studio visits), that confirms all the information. The display case was up at NBC in New York from 1964-1971, and then Rudolph went to CBS-tv. The publicity Animagic figures were sent back to the Rankin/Bass New york office and eventually my friend Barbara Adams, Rankin/Bass secretary, took them home. She couldn't remember which ones she took, but the case had a limited selection. The Bumble wasn't part of the publicity photo cast, etc. You can see Santa never had animatable legs, as he is sitting in the case. This is because, they put pegs up through the snow base to pose him with the other characters. I discuss other details in the book. 🎅9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment