Tuesday, December 03, 2019

55 years for Roemo Muller and Tony Peter's creations this Friday and I believe Freeform is showing then. Rankin/Bass' Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

 C. 2019 Peter Lutrario
 Santa and Rudolph got to watch themselves on CBS again last night!   Unfortunately, CBS is still showing a badly edited version we talk about every single year.  The Blu Ray/DVD is also a mess!   Santa and Rudolph were restored in 2006, but the actual Rankin/Bass special is still waiting for a proper restoral.  Thanks to my friend Peter for sending the pictures.


 My sister took my niece and nephew to Sea World today to actually meet some of the creations of Romeo Muller and Antony Peters, under the direction of Arthur Rankin, Jr. and Jules Bass.  Clarice was actually named after one of Romeo's closest friends.  I am so glad I keep in touch with both families to keep in the loop.


 Merchandise based on the Muller/Peters creations from Rankin/Bass' Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer as far as the eye can see!  My sister said it is all over the place.


Someone just sent me this program after they noticed that the actual creators of the classic 55 year old TV Special's names were nowhere to be found, even though it is the exact same story written by Romeo Muller and the exact same Antony Peters character designs.  No mention of the Producers Arthur Rankin, Jr. and Jules Bass either.  There never would have been a TV Special, if not for them.

No comments: