Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Bradley R.I.P.

My dear friend Bradley Bolke passed away today at 93.  You may know him as the voice of Chumley in Tennessee Tuxedo and his tales or Jangle Bells in The Year Without A Santa Claus.  He did many voices such as the ghostly trio in Casper and Norman and Dracula in Rankin/Bass' Mad, Mad, Mad Monsters.  He appeared with me at the museum of television and radio in New York in 2003 and at a few Chiller Theatres.  We were lucky to get him in our Rankin/Bass documentary "We are Santa's Elves" for the Year Without A Santa Claus blu ray and he has contributed to my books.  His brother was Dayton Allen (Deputy Dawg, The Howdy Doody Show).  We will miss him!  Glad I was able to help him out a little in his later years  #bradleybolke #chumley #janglebells #rankinbass #theyearwithoutasantaclaus #madmadmadmonsters

No comments: