Tuesday, November 27, 2018

CBS disappoints with another airing of the horribly edited version of Rankin/Bass' Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer! Also, fielding many complaints about the 2018 Rudolph and Rankin/Bass blu rays and DVDs, which I had absolutely nothing to do with!


I talk about it every year and I am getting tired of it.   The Emmy for the "Worst edited TV Special classic" should go to CBS and all the others that put this badly restored special on the air.  The music still sounds like it is on a warped disc, the animation to "Fame and Fortune" is edited in chops to "We're A Couple of Misfits," as if the editor had a blind fold on, etc.   I talk about it year after year after year and they keep showing the same cut, year after year after year.  Now I am getting emails about the horrible 2018 blu ray and dvd releases.   I had nothing to do with those atrocities.   I will leave it at that.   They could have had value and rare content, but the people involved decided to go another way with them.   That is on them.  

No comments: