Friday, December 19, 2014

Just heard from Bill Giles, the Sound Engineer in Canada on RANKIN/BASS' Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Just heard from my friend Bill Giles, the sound engineer on Rankin/Bass' Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer in Canada at RCA Recording and where I learned all about the sessions for the classic TV special! Hi: Rick; Saw you being interviewed on CBS. Great comments. Who would have thought that Rudolf would celebrate 50 years of viewing and receive such excellent ratings. People that I have talk to say that it wouldn’t be Christmas without watching Rudolf. Think of all the families that grew up with Rudolf. It certainly was a honor working on this Christmas special. I hope Arthur was aware of the special 50th anniversary commemorative US stamps issued by the Post office, before he passed away. I now winter in Hudson Florida, so I receive comments from both US. and Canadian viewers.




Bye for now. Bill Giles

C. 2001 Miser Bros Press/Rick Goldschmidt Archives

No comments: