Sunday, December 07, 2014

Bill Giles: Sound Engineer at the RCA studios in Canada for the recording sessions for Rankin/Bass' Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Here is a picture of Bill Giles, The Head Sound Engineer on Rankin/Bass' Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer recording sessions at the RCA Victor Canadian studios. Bill helped me with my book THE MAKING OF THE RANKIN/BASS HOLIDAY CLASSIC: RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER (Miser Bros Press) in 2001. He recalled the fact that Larry D. Mann recorded not only his Yukon Cornelius part, but the part of Sam the Snowman. Today, I had a very strange guy accuse me of getting that info from him (There has been a few people coming out of left field with unfounded accusations lately). They put something in the MASHABLES article about this fact that they either got from my book or CBS, not my recent interview with them. This accuser obviously didn't even read my book



C. 2001 Miser Bros Press/Rick Goldschmidt Archives

No comments: