Monday, February 13, 2012

THE COMPLETE I LOVE LUCY

I bought the complete I LOVE LUCY some years ago and hadn't had a chance to really dig into it until recently. I had been looking through my bound 1959 TV GUIDES recently for Jerry Lewis' THE JAZZ SINGER and ads for the DESILU PLAYHOUSE caught my eye. I checked out some of the extras from I LOVE LUCY seasons 7-9 and found a 39 minute film DESI & LUCY did for WESTINGHOUSE to promote their new alliance featuring THE DESILU PLAYHOUSE. This is a very cool film that features Desi and Lucy in their office, a helicopter tour of their back lot, DESILU STUDIOS. CULVER CITY and the coolest scene features the whole I LOVE LUCY cast in the old RKO prop department and William Frawley picks up the original KING KONG Figure and says "Do you know who this is?" as he hands it to Desi (Who is smoking) and Desi says, "Yes, the original KING KONG!" This is quite a revelation.


No comments: