Wednesday, May 12, 2010

NIGHT TRAIN derailed

I hate to say it BUT this was a disappointment. It sounds like KEANE is trying to bring disco back and that is not so KEANE. I thought disco ended wth the disco demolition at Comiskey park in the 1970's? I was really disappointed with the two songs featuring rapper K'NAAN. Why do pop/rock bands insist on adding some rap to their music as a novelty? It is like eating a good steak with a PIZZA instead of a potato...it doesn't work. If I want to hear rap music, I will go and buy rap music...don't put it on my KEANE cd. The song featuring TIGARAH sounds like it should be on THE DISNEY CHANNEL. There are some classic KEANE sounding songs on here...BACK IN TIME, CLEAR SKIES (my favorite) and MY SHADOW, but they are far from their strongest material. One song features a cheesy opening with a synth playing GONNA FLY NOW (Rocky's theme). I hope this EP was just an experiment and the band gets back to POP/ROCK real soon!

No comments: