Monday, April 05, 2010


It is very cool to see Jan and Dean skateboarding and performing their hit "Sidewalk Surfin'"

"Turn on my VCR, same one I've had for years, James Brown on the T.A.M.I. show, same tape I've had for years..." THE POLICE
SHOUT FACTORY has issued this very cool film on DVD! It is said to be one of THE best concert films ever made and I agree! Not a bad performance in the bunch and a great mix of the British invasion with some of the best of the US talent. The film was shot on October 28th and 29th, 1964 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. THE BEACH BOYS segment was cut from the film for years and is now restored! It includes performances from THE BEACH BOYS, CHUCK BERRY, JAMES BROWN & THE FLAMES, THE BARBARIANS, MARVIN GAYE, GERRY AND THE PACEMAKERS, LESLEY GORE, JAN & DEAN, BILLY J. KRAMER AND THE DAKOTAS, SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES, THE SUPREMES and THE ROLLING STONES! 7 of these acts are in the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME already...



No comments: