Saturday, December 05, 2009

BILL JACKSON: Chicago TV Legend

Bill Jackson as FRECKLES THE CLOWN from his first visit to Chicago!

BILL with Josh on his last visit to Chicago!

I brought him some RANKIN/BASS Drummer Boy figures and he said they have sentimental value to him because that character was one of the first he drew on the air.


RICH KOZ (SVENGOOLIE/STOOGAPALOOZA) from ME TV (one of our favorites channels...ME TOO too!) Rich has been a friend and very kind over the years with plugs for my books, etc.



Jim Engel's collage from the program and event poster!

Santa leaves Dean Richards (WGN TV/Radio) a surprise!

BJ signed my DVD cover!

Bill says something amusing to George Pappas and Dean. He enjoyed his appearance on WGN MORNING NEWS!

My friend David Plier (MUSEUM OF BROADCAST COMMUNICATIONS) has a bloody mary. David and I were on the MANCOW Radio show together last Christmas.

I wrote a chapter on BILL JACKSON that was featured in this book! I think it is still available at http://www.amazon.com/ and at http://www.tvparty.com/ I also have several articles on Chicago Kid's TV at http://www.tvparty.com/


Bill with his lovely wife Jo


Santa visits David and his son Josh

Bill visits with my son Josh
Two of my favorites together!



Leonard Kohl talks to Santa. I haven't seen him since our days at COLUMBIA COLLEGE in Gordon Sheehan's Animation class. Gordon worked on all the classic Fleischer cartoons and I believe Leonard wrote a book on the POPEYE cartoons.

One of Bill's dear friends and puppeteers!

Did you say "No Mail?"
Jim's art from the event Program. THANKS to George Pappas for giving me one!


Jim Engel says hello! Jim was kind enough to contribute to both of my RANKIN/BASS books!




HO! HO! HO!
Posted by Thomas Frederick

No comments: