Tuesday, September 01, 2009

JUDY JUDY JUDY!


If you have never seen this film, you are in for a treat! It is now available through the WARNER BROS ARCHIVES collection. It stars CARY GRANT as Poppy and his real wife at the time, Betsy Drake. I think it is one of Cary Grant's BEST films and one of the most heart warming films I have ever seen. Without giving too much away, CARY & BETSY add a few foster children to their family. Foster children that nobody wants. One is handicapped and the other was abused. They take in these kids and handle them in a wonderful way and bring the best out of them. The film was directed by Norman Taurog (Who directed some of the MARTIN & LEWIS films and ELVIS PRESLEY features) and years ago the film had to use the title THE EASY WAY for legal reasons. It has a perfect mixture of comedy and drama....not easy to do. I like to think I have alot of POPPY in my style as a father. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this film to anyone that wants to see how films should be made.

George "Foghorn" Winslow plays Teenie


this DVD is now available at www.tcm.com (This is the cheapest place to buy it from too)

Teenie eats a donut!

No comments: