Monday, December 01, 2008

The RANKIN/BASS RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER DVD!

Just talked with KEVIN KRIESS at www.timeandspacetoys.com and he found a batch of the DVD I always recommend when people ask what is the BEST commercially released version of RUDOLPH on DVD! It was issued in 2001 with an image I provided for the cover and says "RANKIN/BASS" right on the front cover! ARTHUR RANKIN, JR. talks about the creation of the special with pictures from the archives I provided (In fact, ARTHUR is holding my first book during the introduction) and I was given screen credit. This introduction has since been removed (They removed his FROSTY THE SNOWMAN intro too). CLASSIC MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT RIGHTS has this philosophy now that they do not want kids to know people created this classic TV Special. They want the kids to think that the characters are real? This is completely the wrong approach to take with the classic RANKIN/BASS specials. Many generations have grown up with these classics and want to know the back story! Kids are not buying these DVDs...their parents ARE and they want EXTRAS! This version of the DVD is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by myself and I suggest you hurry to www.timeandspacetoys.com before they sell out.

No comments: