Saturday, July 12, 2008

BILL MELTON: CHICAGO WHITE SOX Slugger!


I got to meet one of my All Time favorites WHITE SOX Players today at the Brookfield Zoo! What a GREAT guy! He was the AL Home run leader of 1971!

Check out his hair in the early 1970's!

Bill signed tons of vintage stuff for my son Josh, my pal Patrick Owsley and myself! It isn't even all pictured here!



GO GO WHITE SOX! Between 1968 and 1975, 'Beltin' Bill Melton was a popular and productive slugger for the White Sox. Melton hit 20 or more home runs five times during his ten-year career, including 33 in both 1970 and 1971. His 33 homers in 1971 led the league, making him the first White Sox player to win the AL Home Run Crown. Melton set a White Sox record by hitting 88 career round trippers at old Comiskey.

Bill does the TV POST GAME WHITE SOX shows on COMCAST SPORTSNET as well as on the radio!

No comments: