Saturday, November 11, 2006

Which RUDOLPH DVD should I buy? When will THE LIFE & ADVENTURES OF SANTA CLAUS come out on DVD?


So far, the BIG questions for me this Holiday season have been: Which RUDOLPH DVD should I buy? Answer: The 2000 release of the TV Special by GOLDEN BOOKS/SONY WONDER. Why? It has the correct credit on the front cover "RANKIN/BASS PRESENTS," They graciously and properly credited me for the image I lent them for the cover AND it has content that is not included on recent releases. The NEW version has DESTINY'S CHILD? This 2000 version was actually the 2nd time the special was issued on DVD, the first version had a poorly designed, illustrated cover and no extras at all. When will THE LIFE & ADVENTURES OF SANTA CLAUS come out on DVD? Many RANKIN/BASS fans want to see this released on DVD! I was talking with the company that Produces the extras for WARNER BROTHERS DVD box sets. There was some talk of doing a proper RANKIN/BASS box set with interviews with both ARTHUR RANKIN, JR. and JULES BASS plus others. I offered to help and that was the last I heard. Obviously, WARNER BROTHERS could be selling these sets like hot cakes with all the interest....I literally get hundreds of e-mails requesting this special and all the others WB is sitting on. Let's keep our fingers crossed for 2007!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! What is your opinion on Michael Eisner (and his minions) banning Walt Disney's immortal "Song of the South" animated film classic.